Wondering what I did with this week’s CSA produce from Movement Ground Farm? I’m all about one pan meals so first I made a vegetable stir fry, then sauteed a whole fish with an okra tofu sauce.
P.S. I don’t usually try to give a prep/cook time for my recipes because everyone has different skill levels and cooks at different speeds (but this dinner should take about an hour).
- Wash all produce.
- Follow my photos (above) and cut the purslane, squash, onions (slice), garlic, scallions (separate tops/bottoms), okra, ginger (julienne or chop).
- Deshell & peel fava beans. (This was my first time cooking favas and only after cooking did I realize the beans have a tough skin. I’d suggest removing first, although if you don’t they can be eaten like edamame, squeezing the cooked beans out of the skin).
- Stir fry: Heat some oil in a saute pan on medium-high. Add the fava beans and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add squash, purslane, half the onions + garlic (save the rest for the fish), soy sauce + salt (to taste). Lower the heat to medium and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and steam for 2 minutes. To get an even cook, shake the pan occasionally with the cover still on. Set everything aside in a serving dish and rinse the pan to remove any leftover scraps, doesn’t have to be super clean but make sure to wipe the pan dry.
- Fish: Heat some oil on medium-high. Make sure the fish is patted dry (to reduce splattering), and sear it for 1 minute on each side ( or until lightly browned). Push the fish to the side of the pan, adding the okra, garlic, scallion whites/bottoms, onions, dousee, salt, soy sauce. Lower the heat to medium and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes, or until fish is cooked. Carefully remove just the fish (making sure not to leave any bones behind), then add the tofu and scallion tops. Mix and saute the sauce until another minute, till it reduces and thickens a little.
- Serve with rice & hot sauce!
Stir Fry Ingredients: -Purslane -Summer squash -Fava beans -Onions -Garlic -Soy Sauce -Salt -Cooking Oil Sauteed Fish Ingredients: -Fish (whole or fillets) -Soft/Silken Tofu -Okra -Scallions -Garlic -Onion -Ginger -Dousee (Chinese fermented black beans) -Soy Sauce -Salt -Cooking Oil