Looking at your CSA and looking for ideas? Today I’m making a vegan olive oil pasta with garlic scapes, scallions, kale, snap peas and basil. The first of many recipes using fresh ingredients from my Movement Ground Farm CSA. Enjoy!
Ingredients: -garlic scapes -scallions -kale -snap peas -basil -spaghetti -salt -black pepper
- Wash produce in cold water.
- Chop garlic scapes into rings until you reach the tops, then mince as much of the tops as possible (until it’s too papery/dry). Chop scallions in 1/2″ rings, separating the green tops. Chop kale into a rough chiffonade. Trim tops and fibers off snap peas.
- Remove basil leaves and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on box.
- Heat a saute pan on medium-low. Add a generous amount of EVOO, salt, pepper and everything, except the scallion tops and basil. Saute for a few minutes till the peas are lightly cooked, tender but still crunchy.
- Mix with cooked spaghetti, basil, scallion tops. Add more EVOO if too dry. Best served hot, and it’s also good as leftovers for a cold pasta salad!