Another quick and easy pasta with lots of EVOO. Shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes, assuming you have pesto and a leftover chicken.
Ingredients: -1 leftover chicken carcass -1 bunch asparagus (washed, bottoms snapped off, cut into 2" pieces) -1 onion (thinly sliced) -1 cup pesto -2 tbsp chicken broth -1 lb dried italian pasta -EVOO -salt
- Start heating a pot of water. When it boils, cook pasta.
- Saute onion w/ evoo and a spoonful of pesto.
- Use your hands and remove meat/skin from chicken. Remove onions when soft and mix with chicken scraps.
- On med-high, fry asparagus, evoo + salt. Fry for a couple minutes, then add chicken mix and fry a few more minutes.
- Lower heat, add broth + pasta, mix well, saute a couple minutes and serve hot.
Optional: serve with grated parmesan/romano cheese, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice.